Monday, May 7, 2012

Monogram Pillows

I fell in love withe idea of burlap pillows for the reception location. I knew I wanted to incorporate the couches at the reception into the seating arrangement, and knew I needed to decorate them. I found a whole bunch of inspiration on Pinterest and I decided I had to have burlap pillows since burlap was quickly becoming a theme: burlap runners, burlap barstool covers, burlap chair covers. My mom pulled out a giant piece of fabric I apparently bought many years ago for a project and never used. It wasn't burlap, but it had a great texture and I knew it would be useful for home decor after the wedding. We sewed them, stuffed them and marked them with a B... I mean G.
We simply cut out squares. I used a stencil I bought at Hobby Lobby (the same font as my cake topper monogram, by the way) and attached it to the fabric with blue painter's tape. I used regular craft paint from Walmart.
For the border, I used a Cricut cut out and traced it onto the pillow with a pencil and then painted over the trace.
For the burlap runner on the back of the couch, I'll post another tutorial. Cost: Fabric, free. Paint, I had around the house from my chalkboard project (again, another tutorial). Stuffing, on hand. Stencil, for the whole alphabet, I paid $7 and used them for two other projects. Total project cost: man hours and $7.

No comments:

Post a Comment